||TO THE READER|
Each year the Financial Services Fact Book, a partnership between the Insurance Information Institute and The Financial Services Roundtable, expands to reflect developments shaping the financial services sectors. This year’s book highlights a host of new trends, from baby boomer demographics to the general mobility of the U.S. population.
Among the new charts in this our sixth edition:
- State migration flows
- Top baby boomer destination states
- Income by region and age group
- Investments in separately managed accounts
- (401)k rollover rates
- Health care financing
- Health savings accounts, characteristics of owners
- Top global asset managers
- Asset manager mergers and acquisitions
- Online auto insurance purchases
- Insurance direct marketing
This endeavor could not succeed without the help of many organizations, consultants and others who collect industry data and who have generously given permission to use their data in this book. However, the bulk of the work involved in collecting, integrating and interpreting the material was done by the Insurance Information Institute, which accepts editorial responsibility for the book.
The Financial Services Roundtable and the Insurance Information Institute actively seek your advice, comments and suggestions for next year’s edition.